CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

16 April 2008

Carson, and a little bit about California




Fort Carson that is. Today is the letter C. I will be moving to Fort Carson, Colorado, and it is bordered some seriously beautiful Mountains. However, Fort Carson is also like it's own little city. So not only do I have to learn my way around Colorado Springs, with it's twisty streets with five names apiece, but I have to learn my way around Carson, which also has twisty streets that mysteriously dead end, and different entrances on different roads. I am not the best with directions, so this poses as a challenge. I also have extreme anxiety about getting lost in unfamiliar places. I have a recurring nightmare about being lost, and I always wake up sweating.


Thank god I love maps. The husband got me a great map of all of Colorado Springs, and one of my Cav wife friends scored me a very easy to read map of Carson, complete with where important buildings are. I also thank god that he got new orders to Carson at the last minute--we were supposed to go to Fort Hood, Texas. That place is bigger than the state of Rhode Island, or so I've heard.

http://www.carson.army.mil/

Now a little tidbit about Fort Irwin, California, aka, "The Box". Todd got there yesterday for NTC. He is not too excited about it, but I am. Why am I happy about my husband training for his upcoming deployment in the California desert, you ask? Because when he comes home to Colorado, I'll be there.

2 comments:

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

I love maps too. If we ever GTG it will definitely involve maps.

Stephanie said...

Andrew's parents live near Ft. Hood. That's where FIL was last stationed. wish you were going there, cuz then seriously we'd have a GTG!

Ft. Hood is really awesome. Dont be skeered if he ever gets stationed there. It's near Austin, so you cant go wrong :)