CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

26 April 2008

So I got a little lazy with my ABC's...

With two weeks to go til moving day, I'm just a wee tad busy. Packing, cleaning, and cramming a semester's worth of client intakes, progress notes and practicum papers does not a happy Sheri make. This is what I get for being a procrastinator. However, I wrote a 20 page paper in less than three days this past week, and it was pretty good if I do say so myself. I work well under pressure. If I didn't, I'd have died by now.

I've been packing and watching an ANTM marathon allllll day. One good thing about being a geo-bachelor(ette) these last almost two years is that I don't have to compromise my TV, and I can gorge on gyros and fries (my lunch today) without Todd's accusing eyes on me. Don't get me wrong, he loves me at any weight. He better--I've gained and lost the same 25 lbs in the last 4.5 years. But he is a health nut. I may have to alter my routine a little when he's around, aka not have Chipolte, Potbelly's, and T-Bell on a weekly basis. My body will probably like me more for it. I might have to lighten up on the buttered noodles for dinner too.

In dog news, I put in our very first, and hopefully last, rescue application this past week. It is through a rescue in Golden, CO called Wiseguys Italian Greyhound Rescue. I emailed back and forth with the Melissa, who I think runs the rescue, and she seemed super nice and was very understanding of my current commuter wife status. I emailed her the application on Thursday afternoon, and I'm already antsy. It's not like we could do a home visit until I get there anyway, so I don't know why I'm obsessively checking my email every five minutes. We are hoping to adopt Puzzle, an almost year old female IG mix. From her description on Petfinder and on their site, plus the extra info Melissa from the rescue gave me, she sounds absolutely perfect for our little family. Here are some pictures of Puzzle's adorableness:

They're a little pixel-y, but I can't make them any smaller. She is about 15 lbs, so even though she's an IG mix, she's still at the upper end of normal IG size. Her brothers are bigger at about 20ish lbs, and her sisters are her size or a little smaller. I'm told she is the most mellow of the girls, but is still a goofy, inquisitive puppy. I can't wait to hear back!

1 comments:

Ashlee said...

adorable!!! good luck with her :) rescue dogs are the best!