CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

17 April 2008

Driving

I am driving to Fort Carson in my little red Escape. My mom is driving in the car with me, and my dad is driving the little 10' moving truck. He doesn't trust either one of us wimmens to drive it, so my mom and I are road trippin'.

Fort Carson is a 16 hour drive from my parent's neighborhood in Chicago (1093 miles) and a 14 hour and 45 minute drive from my little town (1025 miles). It should be an interesting trip for my mom and I. We tend to annoy each other with our driving habits.

According to her, I drive too fast, take turns too fast...basically everything is too fast. My complaints about her are, of course, that she does everything too slow. I'm curious to see how she'll react to the 75mph speed limits through most of Nebraska. I absolutely love it. I'm going to make sure I have some Motown for her on my ipod so she will be too busy rocking out to notice if I'm speeding. I may not speed a lot though--last time I got pulled over 50 miles into my trip for going 81 in a 65. Yay for my Army Wife licence plate holder and a young cop--I got a written warning that said 74 in a 65. I'm willing to bet my dad will get pulled over though. He is a speed demon, and has gotten pulled over in almost every state he's driven through, at least in the midwest.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

75 mph speed limit? That's awesome!
::considers moving to Nebraska::