CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

17 September 2008

Worst 2 seconds of my life

I feel like I just had the breath knocked out of me.

For those of you that don't know how it works, if your husband is killed in action, two men in Class A uniforms (the green suit-type ones) show up at your door. One is a chaplain, and the other is a casualty assistance officer. They will be holding various papers, and there will always be two.

I was dozing on my couch a bit ago with Paulie, and the doorbell rang. I figured it would be my neighbor coming over to look at my computer, so I hopped up and walked toward the front of the house. I saw two men in Class A uniforms holding papers standing at my door. I picked up Paulie and almost had a coronary. The closer I got to the door, I realized that they looked a little young to be a chaplain and a CAO. I saw the papers in their hands, then the patches on their uniforms: High school JROTC cadets selling godforsaken food.

Immediately I said, "You boys are going to scare some women with husbands deployed in those uniforms."

"Yes ma'am, people have told us about that."

"You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Yes ma'am we apologize."

"And I already bought some from a nice cadet in her civilian clothes."

"Oh really ma'am, do you know her name?"

"No boys, I don't, but you better go change out of those uniforms."

"Yes ma'am."



Stupid, stupid kids.

4 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Oh my GOD! I cannot believe they didn't change when they were told that the FIRST time. Smack them! Thank God!

Angie said...

Wow....how impossibly stupid of them. Thank God everything with Todd is okay!

Stephanie said...

i would have puked.

Heather said...

Why didn't they figure out the first time they were told that it would not be a good idea to continue wearing that. Glad Todd is okay. Whenever he gets home he should hit them up side the head :)

Have you thought about calling the school or their director? They do not need to go to doors like that.