CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

15 September 2008

Missed calls

Can I just tell you how much I hate my cell phone? It has become a permanent fixture on my body at all times, whether it's in my pocket on vibrate at work, or on super loud next to my head while I sleep. I cannot stand being so dependent on it, but I can't help it. I randomly search myself frantically when I think I left it somewhere. People who witness me crazily feeling myself up probably think I'm looney, but whatever. You know that feeling you get when you think you locked your keys in the car/left the iron on/forgot your drivers license? That's how I feel if I realize that I left a room without my phone. It's terrible. I love and hate my phone at the same time, both because it's my lifeline to my husband. Stupid pink hunk of cheap metal, oh how i lo(athe)ve you.

And yet, I still miss calls. I've missed two thus far (he's been gone 2 weeks today), and everytime I feel so terrible. I know I'll miss more, so I need to get over it. It's going to be a looooong 50 (ew) weeks if I fret about every phone call that I miss. Today was the worst because I just want to talk to him so badly, even though I really have nothing of importance to say. He sounded so tired in the voicemail he left that my heart just broke.

I cannot wait until I can leave my cell phone to shower, go to the bathroom, sleep, etc. Moreso though, and this disgusts me, I cannot wait to get a new phone in December. One with a strong vibrate so that I can feel it at work and not miss godforsaken calls.

2 comments:

Emily_Ann said...

I know how you feel! I also have been hanging on to my phone for dear life lately. :-(

Carrie said...

I think we must have the same phone. I don't feel it when it vibrates, either. :( And I hate missing calls from my hubby when he's gone...