CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

07 August 2008

No longer a stay-at-home-wife

A part of me is a little sad, I admit. It definitely wasn't torture to be unemployed. However, I'm excited to start at a new place, and have a little more money to pad our checking account and/or save for our Chicago house.

I accepted a position at the first hospital I interviewed at, and I'll basically be doing the same thing that I did at both hospitals in IL. It's a 10-15 minute drive from our house, close to Paulie's daycare, and I'll be able to work with patient populations I need more experience with, specifically military personnel and their families, and kids/adolescents with reactive attachment disorder. I'm looking forward to learning (and adding more to my resume).

I'm going in to fill out the mounds of paperwork today, as well as do my background check and employee health evaluation. Orientation starts on the 18th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Sheri!!

lizard queen said...

as much as I wanted to visit you on my way to wherever, I have very little time in between this job ending and school starting (three days!). So sad. Buut you're only 6 hours from me (not long at all in my world of long travels) so I figure once I have a long weekend I will shimmy my way up to colorado and it will be a glorious reunion.