CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

02 February 2009

Superbowl Party!

No, I did not have one. I watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet, and maybe watched ~30 minutes of the actual human game. I'm talking about Todd. It had been a busy last several days with the elections going on in Iraq, so when I found out that they'd be able to watch the Superbowl, I was really happy for Todd--most weekends during football season in this house are spent on the couch watching games with some beers and a lot of food. Then I found out even better news for him! Each guy was allowed two beers to drink during the game! I'm pretty sure this is not the Iraq it was 5 years ago.


Todd sent me a couple pictures early this morning, so I figured I'd get them up before heading out for the day.
I cannot wait to see him!!! And yes, he's taken up smoking cigars.
With some of the guys in his platoon.
I'm really happy that they got a few hours of normalcy after a really busy and no doubt stressful week. Also, note that some people are holding Heiniken and Guiness...and Todd is holding Miller Lite in that first picture. Bringing a little bit of home on the Southside to Iraq. =)

2 comments:

it's me, just me, nothing fancy, just simple me said...

sorry i haven't kept up with you and todd more recently, but i'm over the moon to see that he's smiling and so glad to hear that he's doing well and was able to have a little piece of home! how much longer? have you started working on your homecoming sign? i can't wait to see pictures! keep us posted! let todd know that this army family is praying for him and his soldiers' safety and homecoming and for your strength.

Angie said...

Miller Lite, eh? Looks like he'll be ready for the Southside Irish Parade wherever he is!