CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

15 June 2008

Hiking

Todd and I went hiking on two different trails in North Cheyenne Canyon on Friday. They were pretty easy, and on both there were little kids and/or older people. The first one was pretty touristy, and had man made stairs. The second one was a little more normal, and was just a two mile trail with a gradual incline. Here are some pictures:





Look at me! No hair product, no makeup, and you cannot see this, but I'm wearing khaki cargo shorts and gym shoes. Just call me Granola. No matter that after this picture was taken, I squealed and ran away from a huge bug. It was a dragon fly.




And from the second trail:













Afterwards, I returned to my normal self and we went to Chipolte for lunch. I was concerned because of my "natural" appearance, and asked to go home to at least change my shoes so I didn't look like a weirdo. Todd laughed at me and told me to get over it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad you had a good time hiking! When Shawn and I first started dating and we'd go on hikes, I was always super self-conscious of what I looked like, and I always wanted to go home and at least change before going out anywhere. I've gotten over it. :)

lizard queen said...

you went hiking! I'm so very excited for you. I spend at least four days out of my week doing that and camping for work. Can you imagine four days of no shower and hard, sweaty hiking??
get over it! ...very pretty scenery there, I may drag you out again when I come visit